Certification of the Customs Union
The Customs Union was formed by the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation in accordance with the Agreement of 6 October 2007. Within the framework of the Customs Union, the common customs tariff and other common regulation measures of commodity trade with the third countries are used.
The Certificate of conformity of the Customs Union (CU certificate) is an official document confirming the quality of production to approved standards within the territory of the Customs Union.
The CU Certificate can be used for export of goods to any country: Russia, Belarus or Kazakhstan. The certificate is also valid on the territory of each country. In this way, every company can export its goods to each country, on the basis of one certificate of conformity.
Typically the certificate of the Customs Union is issued for production lot or for a serial manufacturing. In case of the certificate is issued for more than one year the inspection control is provided not less than once a year. The CU Certificate is issued for a maximum period of 5 years.
Unfortunately, this certificate can not be used instead of the Communications Compliance Certificates, Fire Safety Certificates, National Registry and other mandatory or voluntary certification of compliance. Without looking at it, the certificate of conformity of the Customs Union - is the easiest way to enter the market of three countries at the same time - Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.
At the moment, the following technical regulations of the Customs Union have been approved:
• On safety of railway rolling stock (ТR СU 001/2011);
• On safety of high-speed railway transport (ТR СU 002/2011);
• On safety of railway transport infrastructure (ТR СU 003/2011);
• On safety of low voltage equipment (ТR СU 004/2011);
• On safety of packages (ТR СU 005/2011);
• On safety of fireworks (ТR СU 006/2011);
• On safety of products, intended for children and adolescents (ТR СU 007/2011);
• On safety of toys (ТR СU 008/2011);
• On safety of perfumes and cosmetics (ТR СU 009/2011);
• On safety of machines and equipment (ТR СU 010/2011);
• Safety of lifts (ТR СU 011/2011);
• On safety of equipment for work in explosive environments (ТR СU 012/2011);
• On requirements to automobile and aviation gasoline, diesel and marine fuel, jet fuel and heating oil (ТR СU 013/2011);
• Safety of motor road (ТR СU 014/2011);
• On safety of grain (ТR СU 015/2011);
• On safety of devices operating on gaseous fuel (ТR СU 016/2011);
• On safety of light industry products (ТR СU 017/2011);
• On safety of wheeled vehicles (ТR СU 018/2011);
• On safety of personal protective equipment (ТR СU 019/2011);
• Electromagnetic compatibility of technical means (ТR СU 020/2011);
• On safety of food products (ТR СU 021/2011);
• Food products in terms of its marking (ТR СU 022/2011);
• Technical regulation for juice products of fruits and vegetables (ТR СU 023/2011);
• Technical regulation on oil and fat products (ТR СU 024/2011);
• On safety of furniture (ТR СU 025/2012);
• On safety of small crafts (ТR СU 026/2012);
• On safety of certain types of specialized food products, including foods for dietary treatment and dietary preventive nutrition (ТR СU 027/2012);
• On safety of explosives and products based on them (ТR СU 028/2012);
• Requirements for the safety of food additives, flavorings and technological aids (ТR СU 029/2012);
• On requirements for lubricants, oils and special fluids (ТR СU 030/2012);
• On safety of agricultural and forestry tractors and their trailers (ТR СU 031/2012).